You know how sometimes you look at a person and there is just something about them that makes them look confident and powerful? Maybe they haven’t even said a word yet but you can feel their strong energy as they stand there before you?
Well sometimes it is as simple as their posture.
A person with good posture often keeps their head high, which means that they are ready to face the world. With their body language in receptive mode they are ready to talk business.
As you read that, did you just roll your shoulders back and sit up straight? Am I right? Great, I am happy to remind you.
Unless you are constantly reminded about your posture, your body will naturally take the shape it has taken on for as long as you have lived.
You can’t constantly think about keeping your shoulders rolled back because let’s be real, you are probably thinking about your business much more often, as any passionate entrepreneur would!
Well I don’t blame you, In fact, I admire your passion!
But as a trainer who has worked with lots of successful business owners, I want to give you some tips that will improve your posture so that you present yourself with total confidence:
- Exercise 3 times a week with weights even if it is just for 30 minutes. The more often your muscle fibers contract, the stronger your body will become.
- Spend a little extra time training your back muscles as well as your rear deltoids (back of your shoulders). Think of it as an elastic band. If these muscles are long and weak they can’t pull you back. But when they are strong and toned they will keep you upright.
- Train your abs not only for a six-pack, but also because your innermost abs wrap around your spine like a belt and keep everything sturdier.
- Set a reminder on your phone every couple of hours that will say: Chest Up. When you lift your chest up, your spine aligns itself to its natural position.
- Replace your chair with a Swiss Ball. You are likely to sit up straighter as there is no back support.
- Keep your chin high and smile. After all you are a business owner, which is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud of yourself.
As with anything in life, you can start small and slowly build up. Begin by incorporating one or two of these tips and you will notice how others start to view you differently. But more importantly, you will notice how great you feel about yourself.