Have you become so ‘busy’ in life that you are overlooking all the blessings that you have? I know that many people are just too busy running from one life event to another to even stop and notice a beautiful sunset – a smile on someone’s face – enjoy a fabulous meal.
How has it happened that we have become ‘that’ person? One of my observations is that we have become, as entrepreneurs, so goal-oriented that we move through our successes too quickly. We have our eye on the next thing, and then the next thing.
One habit that I have developed over the years, that has contributed to my success, is to keep weekly Success Cards and, most certainly, to complete my Gratitude Journal each and every night. I firmly believe that these habits have kept me focused both in the good times and in the bad times.
What I want to focus on in this article is to encourage each and every one of you to just stop what you are doing right now (because I trust that as you are reading this article, you are probably also multi-tasking!!) – so, STOP THAT – and pay attention.
Let’s keep this really simple as we head into a weekend of Thanksgiving. Stop right now and make a list of 10 things/people for which/for whom we are grateful. Stop and really reflect on what you are writing and see what a difference this makes in your thinking, in your energy and in your movements going forward.
A HABIT TO DEVELOP
My ‘Top 10” list of gratitude as I write this:
- The tickets my brother got for me this past weekend to see Man of La Mancha at the theatre. Awesome musical!
- My team – who, for the past month, in particular, have gone above and beyond the call of duty to support me in getting ready for our big Wealth Makers Toronto event in October.
- The beautiful fall weather we are experiencing – fresh air, beautiful and colorful leaves on the ground and crisp MacIntosh apples. Yum!
- A new menu – I change my menu with the seasons – time for some comfort food.
- A good night’s sleep with open windows!
- My favorite TV show – ‘Dancing with the Stars’ – love that the new season is on. It brings me great joy and relaxation to watch this.
- The start-up of our Bible Study group; love when we get together once a week to pray, reflect, study and share.
- My neighbor, Mike – who takes such good care of all my lawn and house maintenance – time for winter preparation!
- Unexpected calls on a Sunday afternoon from my girlfriends on the west coast.
- Texts at night from my grand-daughter Heather – that I get just before I go to sleep. Love her so much! SHMILY!
Your turn! What are you grateful for today? If you notice, above, there are not too many work-related items. I recognize that to have a happy and successful business, I need to be a happy person in my own life. And so do you!
“If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is THANK YOU, it will be enough!” – Meister Eckhart