One of the main reasons companies succeed is because of high sales volumes; conversely, companies fail because of low sales. A sale takes place when an able and willing customer pays for your product or service. Most businesses make the mistake of thinking they need to find more customers to increase their sales. That’s where they go wrong.
One key to success is to provide a highly satisfying experience to customers so they become repeat customers and then go onto become loyal, committed customers who will spread the word about your company.
How do you do that? The answer is simple: Love. Let’s talk about love and how you can translate it to your customer experience, creating fiercely loyal customers and a highly successful business.
We all know how love happens; you’re attracted to someone, you date, you date more, then you commit, and you develop a long-term relationship in which the two of you are loyal to each other. In many cases, the relationship begins to deteriorate when one or both of you stops caring about the attraction factor, the two of you spend less time together, stop doing nice things for each other, communication begins to break down and so on.
Love happens the same way in business, your customer walks in to your shop, or sees your attractive advertisement and was impressed by your sales presentation (attraction), so they’ve decided to try you (dating), they were satisfied with the experience so they tried you again (dating more), then they finally committed to your product or services and they declare their loyalty by making your business their product or service provider (long-term relationship). Now it is really up to you if you want this love story to continue to a happy ever after story.
How can you keep your customers committed and loyal to you?
- continue to make your business attractive (store ambiance, good packaging, fresh new products, updated marketing materials),
- check-in with your customers to ensure their experiences are always positive and satisfactory,
- ongoing and regular communication with customers to show you care,
- consistently keep them attracted to you by developing new products they may need; create easy ways to them to reach you and continue to purchase your products and
- say sorry when you make a mistake and recommit to providing satisfaction in the future.
Continue to captivate your customers and create loyalty, so they commit to you and share your love story with others, leading to more loyal customers and more success for your business.
Image Credit: fakhar